Most IPL Wickets: Yuzvendra Chahal has etched his name in the record books once again after his brilliant performance against Sunrisers Hyderabad…
Most IPL Wickets: Yuzvendra Chahal has etched his name in the record books once again after his brilliant performance against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2023. Chahal scalped four wickets in the match, taking his total number of wickets in the IPL to 170, thereby equalling the record set by the legendary SriLankan pacer Lasith Malinga. The only bowler ahead of Chahal is Dwayne Bravo, who has taken 183 wickets in the IPL. Meanwhile, Chahal’s impressive 4/17 against SRH proved pivotal in Rajasthan Royals‘ crushing victory, as they secured a 72-run win. Follow Indian Premier League 2023 Live Updates with Insidesport.IN
Most IPL Wickets: Top 5 List –
Also read: IPL 2023: WATCH as MS Dhoni recreates Iconic 2011 World Cup Final Six Ahead of CSK vs LSG, Nostalgic Video of Thala Takes Internet by storm
Yuzvendra Chahal, who has been a regular for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL, has been a vital cog in their bowling unit. With his accuracy and variations, he has bamboozled many a batsman over the years. His ability to pick wickets at crucial junctures has helped RR in numerous matches, and his contribution to the team cannot be overstated.
Easy as you like 😉@yuzi_chahal wins the battle of the spinners 👌👌
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 2, 2023
The 32-year-old’s journey in the IPL began in 2011 when he was picked by the Mumbai Indians. However, it was only in 2014, when he was picked by RCB, that he got his first real taste of success in the tournament. Since then, he has been a regular feature in the IPL, and his performances have helped him establish himself as one of the premier leg-spinners in world cricket.
Yuzvendra Chahal’s Performance and IPL career
- Chahal scalped a four-wicket haul against SRH.
- He bowled 4 overs and conceded just 17 runs.
- Till now, the right-arm leg-spinner has played 132 matches in his IPL career.
- He has scalped a total of 170 wickets.
- Now Chahal is the joint second-highest wicket-taker in the IPL alongside Lasith Malinga.
The fact that Chahal has taken 170 wickets in just 132 matches is a testament to his consistency and effectiveness as a bowler. He has an excellent economy rate of just over 7 and has been a key player in RR’s march to the playoffs in the last season.
It is worth noting that the only bowler ahead of Chahal and Malinga is Chennai Super Kings star all-rounder Dwayne Bravo. Bravo has played 161 matches and scalped 183 wickets. Whereas Making has played 122 matches and has taken 170 wickets.
- With 183 scalps, Dwayne Bravo is the No.1 wicket taker in the IPL.
- In 161 matches he has an economy rate of 8.38.
- His best bowling figure is 4/22.
- Lasith Malinga has played 122 matches and scalped 170 wickets.
- Malinga’s economy rate is 7.14 and his best is 5/13.
- Chahal has played 132 matches and scalped 170 wickets.
- His best bowling figure is 5/40 and has an economy rate of 7.58
Chahal’s journey in the IPL has been nothing short of remarkable. His latest achievement of equalling Malinga’s record is a testament to his abilities as a bowler. With plenty of years left in his career, it won’t be surprising to see him break more records in the future.